4%
Pisces
8%

Total votes: 25

Made Of Worms
Sea Nympho

Postby Made Of Worms » Mon Mar 26, 2007 22:27

dogsetc. wrote:
Made Of Worms wrote:Yeah it's all very easy saying it's all shit, but compare the existence of an existence-soaking-up six month old during February with that of an existence-soaking-up six month old during August. Pretty different, huh.

Still doesn't have any bearing on whether the prospect of next week is good, bad or indifferent.

It does if they're right when they say "You make your own luck" doesn't it? Quantify, if you will, the effect of a sunny disposition on the fortunes of tomorrow. Are you good in the morning or good at night? In which season do you feel most at home?

dogsetc. wrote:Lets wait and see the results.

Ah, a democrat. Irrational bastard.

I'm no astrology apologist really, I can barely even say it right now, I'm just arguing the toss. It's too easy, as a dumb monkey let's face it, to dismiss things as absolutely rubbish and then find they're partially true. When you dig up potatos right after a new or full moon, they don't sprout in the bag for weeks compared to potatos dug up at other lunar moments. That's a prediction based on experience, blamed on wheels within mystic wheels, and anyway it turns out to be pretty damn proveably true whatever the mechanism might happen to turn out to be. If you don't have the imagination to read on from there, then you're probably a Taurus.

Plus it's really funny watching Patrick Moore, the dear old nimby fascist, spluttering when someone comes at him with astrology. "You - you - apassingbushasmoregravitationaleffectonyouthanJupiter." Well (a) who mentioned gravity? (b) that doesn't make Jupiter's effect zero now does it, and (c) anything affecting you when you're a single cell in the middle of dividing might possibly have a greater, more all-pervading effect than anything affecting you later on, no? Cold, warm and hot dark matter and the missing mass of the universe all sound pretty silly too, to me.

Well, who needs a one-way argument. Cardiacs are crap by the way.

barnslou
All Spectacular

Postby barnslou » Tue Mar 27, 2007 00:34

A strong argument indeed.

The points people were making are based on what we read in papers, what we can subscribe to on mobile phones, tv spots, etc.......etc........

I don't think that any of us would disagree that seasons change our behavior ' it's sunny, lets drink outside ', this to me is human nature, know one particularly likes bad weather but we have and it's here to stay.

I think it has been well documented that a full moon dose have some unique powers, but can this been translated into science ?, chemical imbalance in the soil, the air.

This is not the kind of astronomy that i think about whenever anyone mentions it, mine is the 'mystic meg, rusel grant ' charactors.

Made Of Worms wrote:Yeah it's all very easy saying it's all shit, but compare the existence of an existence-soaking-up six month old during February with that of an existence-soaking-up six month old during August. Pretty different, huh.

This however was perceived by me as a well thought out quip, didn't realize you had so much passion for the subject so my apologies.

PATRICK MOORE

HE STILL THINKS THE AMERICANS LANDED ON THE MOON IN 1969

Barns

x x x x

Gubbins
Jive mutha

Postby Gubbins » Tue Mar 27, 2007 01:33

garland wrote:I'm the same as you gubbins, but better.

We're winning! Hooray!

barnslou wrote:PATRICK MOORE

HE STILL THINKS THE AMERICANS LANDED ON THE MOON IN 1969

...You mean people actually believe that conspiracy theory?!

Made Of Worms
Sea Nympho

Postby Made Of Worms » Tue Mar 27, 2007 01:59

dogsetc.

Postby dogsetc. » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:00

Jolly old dialogue last night in the astrological zone -- i feel a bit responsible as i initiated the nonsense.

As a poll/survey it's as random as shoe sizes -- and any results or patterns will present nothing meaningful.
It's certainly not to do with opinion, and so it's not democracy -- there'll be no tyranny by majority.
As an experiment it's fake science

For what it's worth i don't think astrology has exclusivity over the planets, or the seasons, and the effect that these may have on life on earth.
I don't really understand the 'sunny'/'cloudy' disposition thing in terms of the time of year that you were born.

It's blind-faith that people are generally sceptical about -- be it religious nuts, fortune-tellers, political systems -- and i think that's healthy, to make your own decisions about your life.

The Bronx
Diamond Cardiac

Postby The Bronx » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:09

Thanks to my vote Taurus is now joint 1st (with Libra and Scrpio). It's all getting very exciting!!! :D

frostbyte
"oh engineer....."

Postby frostbyte » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:20

am i still the only Gemini in the village??
"We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?"

dogsetc.

Postby dogsetc. » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:22

...and no fish so far !

Alternate BC
Maresnest Admin

Postby Alternate BC » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:35

Two virgins.

JP
Gold Cardiac

Postby JP » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:48

Another leo, me.

Greyhound
Cardiacs Expert

Postby Greyhound » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:59

The RAM!

EDIT: Bloody copywritten images
Last edited by Greyhound on Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:06, edited 1 time in total.

The Bronx
Diamond Cardiac

Postby The Bronx » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:06

This is terrible news. Taurus no longer in joint 1st position. Trailing in 2nd place, along with 4 other starsigns!!!!

Made Of Worms
Sea Nympho

Postby Made Of Worms » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:06

Made Of Worms wrote:I'm just arguing the toss.

And I've only just added my 'vote'. Let's Go Virgo!

Blind Faith, now there was a band that appreciated its virgins.

(The Mars Effect. Not convinced by the rebuttals there.)

barnslou
All Spectacular

Postby barnslou » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:22

Made Of Worms wrote:I'm just arguing the toss.

I'm sorry i shouted earlier, we're all friends now yeh ??, let me hear you all say yes, let me hear you say yes. I want you all to kiss each other........kiss......kiss.....kiss the big ugly shark...........play it Phil.

barnslou
All Spectacular

Postby barnslou » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:24

Made Of Worms wrote:Image

Lets not forget about the TITANIC conspiracy then either, a little bit of sticker swapping went on with that one.

Barns

x x x