Field Music

Discuss the bands you like beside Cardiacs

Moderator: The Alternate Consultant

funex
Cardiacs Expert

Re: Field Music

Postby funex » Tue Feb 14, 2012 16:27

I didn't used to like Field Music.

However, the new album 'Plumb' is an absolute sausage of an album.

A really good sausage.
Soggy fish. Soggy.

eadric
All Spectacular

Postby eadric » Wed Feb 15, 2012 13:07

I'm the opposite funex...I wouldn't normally say this, but I think I preferred it when they were writing pop songs with slightly fiddly drums in rather than trying to be experimental. For me much of Plumb meanders by without much in the way of ideas. About half of the tracks sound near indistinguishable, only with a different set of 'life's a bit crap' lyrics.

Starts and ends well though. Checking reviews it does seem to be a bit of a polariser, glad you like it :)

Ally Craig
Cardiacs Expert

Postby Ally Craig » Wed Feb 15, 2012 18:36

eadric wrote:I'm the opposite funex...I wouldn't normally say this, but I think I preferred it when they were writing pop songs with slightly fiddly drums in rather than trying to be experimental. For me much of Plumb meanders by without much in the way of ideas. About half of the tracks sound near indistinguishable, only with a different set of 'life's a bit crap' lyrics.

Starts and ends well though. Checking reviews it does seem to be a bit of a polariser, glad you like it :)

I'm with you on that one. I miss the fiddly but memorable pop songs, I can only remember little bits of Plumb and about half the songs on Measure.

funex
Cardiacs Expert

Postby funex » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:23

I like Steely Dan as well.
Soggy fish. Soggy.

Ady
cardiacs folky

Postby Ady » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:29

i really like it.....now.

it took a few listens.....its a great albumif you just listen to it like its one long 35 minute piece its great.....doesn't work just listening to bits of it.

still.....great band who are doing pretty good out there at the mo.....good on um.

Hemulen
Bronze Cardiac

Postby Hemulen » Sun Feb 19, 2012 17:52

I'm ashamed to say I'm currently listening to Field Music for the first time (streaming the new album as I type). I'm really really digging it, and I'm intrigued that it seems to be polarising their fanbase. I wonder if I'll find their earlier stuff underwhelming by comparison?

Damian
All Spectacular

Postby Damian » Fri Feb 24, 2012 02:37

Saw them in Bristol tonight and they were fantastic. Every date this week has been sold out - people are finally starting to pay attention!

chinnington
New fish

Postby chinnington » Fri Mar 02, 2012 01:07

They're playing the Green Man festival this year, so looking forward to that.